Honda is on a roll with their powersports products, and the 2015 FourTrax Rincon luxury-class ATV leads the pack in power, technological and styling innovation and comfortable riding.
In addition to a powerful, liquid-cooled 675cc engine, the Rincon features electronic fuel injection, independent front and rear suspension and an automotive-style Honda automatic transmission with a hydraulic torque converter. Toss in front and rear disc brakes, an O2 sensor and a catalytic converter to lower emissions and you’ve got a big, clean package.
New and Familiar Features
- The big engine includes a new twin-spark plug cylinder heat for fast combustion and a new stator with neodymium magnets increases electrical output to give you more power for running accessories. The Rincon is now available in Honda’s proprietary Phantom Camo paint job in addition to red and olive green.
- New Maxxis tires are made to last and will easily give you the traction for crossing a pile of logs, tree roots, rocks or some wicked ruts. The TraxLok system, which lets you easily make the switch from two-wheel to four-wheel drive, will give you that max traction when you need it. The two-wheel drive will give you lighter steering on flat ground.
- The Rincon does retain many familiar Honda features, including the Honda electric shift technology, which allows you to use a handlebar-mounted button to up or down-shift. While not as plush as other ATVs, the Rincon more than makes up for it in the beautiful suspension and handling.
The Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) on the Rincon gives you superior traction thanks to almost constant tire-ground contact. This contact gives you an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain. There’s no getting beat up on the trail with this year’s new dual-plug head and catalytic converter. The automotive-style transmission includes a heavy-duty torque converter, adding to the clean ride.
More on the Engine
The compact, lightweight semi-dry sump design on this Foreman creates a shorter profile from top to bottom. This lowers the engine’s center of gravity so it handles much easier, while increasing ground clearance to 9.2 in.
It’s All About the Transmission
The Rincon has no clutch to wear out and no belts to slip with an auto three-speed transmission which shifts seamlessly and is as dependable as a truck transmission. Unlike belt transmissions that have to be shifted from low to high during a transition to open ground, the Rincon is ready to rip it up anywhere.
The Real Deal on Specs:
- Engine: OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Displacement: 675cc
- Bore & Stroke: 102 mm x 82.6 mm
- Fuel System: Electronic fuel injection (PGM-FI), 40mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starting System: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Transmission: Automatic w/hydraulic torque converter, three forward, Reverse, electronic controls
- Final Drive: Direct front and rear driveshafts w/TraxLok and torque-sensitive front differential
- Wheel Base: 50.8 in.
- Seat Height: 36.1 in.
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 8.0 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual hydraulic 180 mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single hydraulic disc
- Front Tire: 25 x 8-12 radial
- Rear Tire: 25 x 10-12 radial
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal. including 1.2-gallon reserve
- Curb Weight: 657 lbs.
- The 2015 FourTrax Rincon is recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
- Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner’s manual thoroughly.
For more information on this new breed of ATV, or to schedule a test drive, please contact Edge Performance Sports. We’re a full-service dealership in Ontario, Oregon, just a short drive from Boise, Idaho.